Healing Racism Within
my country, my community, myself
7-Session Lab Overview
“If you have come here to help me, you are wasting your time, but if you have come because your liberation is bound up with mine, then let us work together.”
Lilla Watson, Aboriginal Activist
You seek understanding. You bravely ask questions of yourself and others. You have a growing awareness that to be truly free, you must examine how internalized racism and white supremacy keep you from living into your highest self — and keep others from their right to the same.
- What am I missing?
- What can I do to repair what began long before I was born?
- How might I be unconsciously contributing to the problem of racism today?
- What responsibility do I have?
You hope to have less awkward conversations about race, racism, and white supremacy; to be less triggered (and less triggering) when entering the dialogue at work and with neighbors, family and friends.
From whatever point you are in your race awareness journey, you are welcome to join us, beginning February 10, 2021.
Grounded in core practices from our Leadership Labs, we are committed to creating a radically safe place for white and bi-racial/white womxn to enter this historically difficult and vulnerable work.
In order to have the healing conversations necessary to detox from the racism and misogyny in our culture, we will start with unearthing our own part in these systems of oppression. Together we will:
- Create a safe community for education and exploration
- Learn from those with a different life experience from our own
- Practice having open, vulnerable conversations that lead to greater awareness in relation to ourselves, others and systems in which we live/work
- Understand conflict as an attempt at intimacy and healing for which we need not be afraid
- Build up our resiliency for difficult dialogues
- Learn de-escalation practices that reduce shame and support life-long growth
- Support each other toward developing a personal vision, discovering our particular skills and building on them for effective action
- Learn about the entrenched systems of racism within our culture through a carefully curated collection of reading material, podcasts, and videos